Skills Development Team Information
General inquiries are to be directed to X-Men Hockey
Skills Support Team Duties
MOU Amendments for 2018-19 (unsigned version)
- The Skills Support Team will administer goalie clinics for AMHA players.
- The Skills Support Team will host a coaching clinic during development weekend, and if possible, a hotstove before an X-Men hockey game.
- The Skills Support Team will lead all skill sessions for all AMHA players, with the assistance of the AMHA coaches and on ice parent support.
- The Skills Support Team will make available to AMHA coaches a library of drills and skills for them to use within their practices.
- The Skills Support Team will work and support AMHA within the Multi Sport and Learn to Play programs.
- The Skills Support Team will attend one game and one practice per month for all Bantam and Midget teams as requested. This will provide the ability for Bantam and Midget coaches to get feedback from The Skills Support Team on practices etc.
- The Skills Support Team will run the checking clinic. This clinic is mandatory for all players wishing to play contact hockey.
- The Skills Support Team will administer the Novice time trials. These time trials are used to create teams and group players according to skill level.
Skills Support Team Members and Roles
- IP 4 - Sean Donovan
- IP 5/6 - Mike MacIsaac
- Novice - Dave Stewart
- Atom - Sean Donovan
- Peewee - Mike Stewart / Brad Peddle
- Atom/Peewee Rec - Zack MacQueen
- Goalie Clinic Minor and Female - Louis Guay / Richie Connors
- IP/Novice Female - Nicole Corcoran / Frank Isherwood
- Atom/Peewee Female - Nicole Corcoran / Frank Isherwood
- Novice Testing - Dave Stewart
- Checking Clinic - Mike Stewart
- Multi Sport - Mike Stewart / Zack MacQueen
- Learn To Play- Mike Stewart / Zack MacQueen
- Bantam/Midget requests Minor and Female - Brad Peddle / Mike Stewart / Sean Donovan
- Hot Stove- Brad Peddle
- Development Weekend Open House - Brad Peddle
- Liaison with AMHA - Mike Stewart
- Drill Draw and Drill Bank support - Mike Stewart
- Hockey Canada App support - Mike Stewart
- Coach support Minor and Female - Any member as requested
In Pursuit of Technical Director (2010)
AMHA engaged in communications with other minor hockey organizations throughout the province to explore best practices for hiring a Technical Director. The AMHA created a sub-committee to review the ideas and move forward with ideas most practical for our association. After submissions, interviews were held, an offer made and a contract was signed. On April 1, 2011, AMHA hired Brad Peddle of the St. FX X-Men Hockey Program as it first ever technical director.
As a result of coach consultation conducted in the 2010 season and subsequent action plan implementation it was felt that there is a strong desire to have a dedicated individual or group to support the education, growth, development and evaluation of our coaches and players through a technical director. This Partnership with X-Men Hockey will be responsible for revamping the team selection process, organizing development weekend, consult with the coaching coordinator for coach selection criteria, player and coach development both on and off ice. The Technical Director will work in concert with the many volunteers within our organization including, and not limited to practice, games and skill sessions.