Ice Time Management
Ice Booking system
All ice booking activities are to be done through the web site with the following exceptions:
- Tournament / Jamboree Ice times - These ice times will be scheduled by the Ice Coordinator in cooperation with the tournament organizers
- Late Cancellations - A cancellation is considered late if it is within 72 hours of the scheduled start time. If you must cancel one of these ice times you must contact Martin McLaren - IceCoordinator@antigonishminorhockey.ca.
- Tryouts - These ice times are scheduled by the Ice Coordinator in cooperation with the Head Coach
- Playoff Games requiring 2 hrs - If you have to schedule a playoff game that requires a 2 hour ice time you must contact Martin McLaren - IceCoordinator@antigonishminorhockey.ca as regular game times are set at 1.5 hrs.
For instructions on using the Ice Booking system, click here
How are regular practice times allotted?
Practice/Skills Ice should be assigned using the following criteria:
- Under-15 and Under-18 Teams will be given afternoon or evening practices unless the team requests a morning practice time.
- Under-9, Under-11 and Under-13 teams will be assigned a morning practice time. Consideration will be given to “Regional” teams and teams with coaches that work outside of Antigonish.
- Tier 1 teams will receive a second practice time each week which will be an afternoon or evening ice time
- Initiation groups will receive one weekend morning ice time and one weekday afternoon/evening ice time.
- Skills ice sessions are to be considered as bonus ice time. This ice time does not come out of a teams’ budget and will only be provided for groups when ice is available and attendance remains at an acceptable level.
Note: Dates and times for Under-9, Under-11 and Under-13 Practice times must work around Skills ice times.
- In order to be a Coach or Manager, there are specific certifications that you must have from HNS. Click here to go to the HNS information page.
- Coaching Clinics
- For a list of upcoming clinics, click here
- For instructions on registering for clinics, click here
- Coach / Manager Respect in Sport
- The Coach / Manager Respect in Sport is not the same as the Parent Respect in Sport certification. All bench staff and managers must have this certication. For information on registering, click here
- Criminal Records Check
- The Criminal Records Check (CRC) should be done through the Antigonish RCMP office. In order to get this done without having to pay for it, please contact Rob Boyd - Risk@antigonishminorhockey.ca
- Child Abuse Registry
- The form for the child abuse registry must be submitted through mail, by the applicant and once the results are returned, they are given to Rob Boyd - Risk@antigonishminorhockey.ca. The form and mailing instructions are available here
- Coaching Application
- To apply for a coaching position please send an email to Mark Boyd - Coach@antigonishminorhockey.ca.
- Medical Information Forms
- Each team needs to have copies of a Medical information form on the bench or in the dressing room in case a player is seriously injured. It is recommended that once the form is filled out by the parent/guardian, a copy is made so that the team has two copies on hand. In the event of a serious injury a copy can be given to the medical staff attending to the player. Click here to get a copy of the HNS Medical Information Sheet.
- Injury Report
- In the case where a player is seriously injuredan Injury report must be filled out and sent to HNS. Click here to get a copy of the HNS Injury Report form.
- Travel Permits
Travel permits are required by any team wishing to play outside their Region. AMHA is in the Highland region which includes Pictou and Canso.
All exhibition games, including pre-season tryout games require a travel permit. Once a team is in a league, all league games are covered with a league permit.
Click here for instructions on getting a travel permit
- Tournament Permits
- In order to host a tournament, a team must get permission from AMHA and once approved a permit from HNS. Click here for the HNS tournament application which must be filled out and sent to Robert Kavanaugh - President@antigonishminorhockey.ca.
- Tryout Process
- Tryouts for rep teams occur in September. This document covers the policies and process in place to how rep teams are chosen.
- Injured Player Tryout Policy
- This policy covers when a player is injured at the time of tryouts.
- Fund Raising
It is understood that all Rep Teams fundraise to support operational team expenses throughout
the year. In order for teams to be insured through Hockey Nova Scotia’s General Insurance
Program, Antigonish Minor Hockey needs to know prior to the event to ensure protection for
players and officials. Any team that participates in a fundraising activity without a permit is
subject to disciplinary action by AMHA. This document covers the policy and procedures for team Fund Raising activities
- Sample Budget
- In order for a team to take part in any fundraising activites they must get approval from Danielle MacHattie - VPFinance@antigonishminorhockey.ca. All requests for fundraising will require a budget to be submitted.
- Expense Form
- in order to claim eligible expenses from AMHA you must fill out this form and send it to Gail Stewart - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Coach Resignation
- This policy covers the process for a coach resigning.
- Coach Reinstatement
- This policy covers the process for a coach being reinstated.
- Returned Criminal Records Check
- This policy covers when a members CRC is returned with a requirement for fingerprints.
- Issue Resolution Teams
- This document covers the process managers must use to resolve issues related to AMHA.
- Game Sheet Label Maker
- With Bulldog Logo
- Without Bulldog Logo
- Mascot Loan Agreement
- If you wish to have the mascot attend your event, you must fill out the loan agreement.
- Other Association Web Sites
- Web Sites for other MHAs can be found on the main page for HNS in a seletion list to the right side of the page.